FELLOWSHIP MISSIONARYBAPTIST CHURCH
3814 HERALD STREET
HOUSTON. TEXAS 77078 – (713) 675-7860
REV. NELSON LAFLEUR. PASTOR
In July of 1956, at 8605 Farqueson St., Houston, Texas in the home of Rev. W.R. Hancock, The Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church was organized with six (6) members. The church motto was: “The Church Where Everybody is Somebody” .
In 1958, by the grace of God, a building was purchased at 3814 Herald Street which is now the current location . Through the fervent prayers and faithfulness in their service to the Lord, the church was on the move.
On July 26, 1959, Rev. W.R. Hancock was installed by Rev. I.S. Wright, Pastor of Mt. Ararat Baptist Church. Rev. & Sis. Hancock labored hard and long with this church and their faithfulness and long-suffering will not be forgotten. From 1959, under the leadership of Rev. Hancock, the church grew spiritually and accomplished the following:
” Purchased property for a parking lot
” Purchased a church van
” Installation of Baptism Pool
” Added the fellowship hall
” Other major church remodeling
In 1985, the Lord said “Well done thy good and faithful servant” and called Rev. Hancock from labor to reward.
On May 19, 1985, the Lord blessed the church with a new leader to carry on the work started by Rev. Hancock. The congregation called Rev. Nelson LaFleur from the Good Shepherd Missionary Baptist Church under the leadership of the late
Rev. O. Wilson. Pastor LaFleur was installed by Rev. Wilson in July of 1985.
Rev. LaFleur brought a strong teaching and preaching ministry to the Fellowship Church. The Church continued to grow spiritually and achieve greater works for the Lord. From 1985 to 1994, the church was again on the move and accomplished the following:
” Development of spiritual growth through prayer and Bible study
” Physical growth through property acquisitions
In 1995, the Lord continued to bless the church. Three (3) additional lots were purchased to accommodate future parking. We are grateful to God for the new house of worship, which was built and dedicated to God.